Re: Please consider pike7.2

On Tue, 31 May 2005, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:

> On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 07:06:58PM -0500, Micah Anderson wrote:
> > Pike7.2 has a FTBFS due to timestamp skew during patching of a file
> > that is a make dependency. I've applied the patch submitted to the BTS
> > by Steve Langasek which adds a simple touch in debian/rules solving
> > this problem. There were no other changes, so without further ado,
> > please consider allowing pike7.2_7.2.580-3.1 into testing.
>
> How did you manage to let the pike7.2-gl package not depend on
> xlibmesa-gl? All other versions and architecures do... And if
> I rebuild it, I get the dependency, too...
>
> There may a binNMU on i386 needed here.

It looks like my system had a shared library problem with a dangling
symlink for /usr/lib/libGL.so when I built this, causing the
dh_shlibdeps not to pick up the right pieces. I'm rebuilding in a
fresh i386 environment and will binary NMU this once it is finished,
unless the maintainer gets to it first.

Micah