Re: getting inkscape 0.41-5 into sarge

Hi alltogether!

On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 08:21:47PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 04:32:50PM +0200, Wolfram Quester wrote:
> > I am the maintainer of inkscape, a vector graphics program using svg.
> > The version of inkscape in sarge is 0.41-2, Guido Günther did the upload
> > of 0.41-5 to unstable some days ago. The changes between the two
> > versions are a fix for a typo in the package description and fixes for
> > two bugs rated important.
> > One of them (#301984) deals with a fix to a segfault when exporting to
> > eps/printing, the other one (#261848) fixes the segfault on alpha at
> > startup. So the version which is in sarge at the moment will be
> > completely unusable on alpha, the one in unstable will work better.
>
> For future reference, please note that binaries in the archive for *any*
> architecture which segfault on startup are an RC bug.
Thanks for your info.
To be honest, I thought about raising the severity to RC, but when I
received the bug report the respective version had reached testing
already. This was why I left the severity as the Original submitter set
it. Now this problem is solved thanks to the people from amd64 and
alpha, namely Andreas Jochens and Florian Hars.

> > Another thing which might be important is that I added a missing note
> > that parts of the inkscape source is licensed under public domain.
>
> > At the moment the only library keeping inkscape back is libgtkmm-2.4-1
> > and I wanted to ask if there is a possibility to get inkscape 0.41-5
> > into sarge. Will libgtkmm-2.4-1 go to sarge or should we provide a
> > package linked against sarge and upload to testing-proposed-updates?
>
> You will need to upload to t-p-u.
Guido Günther sponsored this upload and uploaded version 0.41-5.sarge0.

Please approve.

Thank you very much,

Wolfi