Re: Please allow afterstep, dwww, whichman, man2html, and pdksh in sarge

Hi Robert,

On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 12:12:23AM +0200, Robert Luberda wrote:
> dwww 1.9.20 ---> 1.9.21
> -----------------------
> Quite important bug fix: quote search argument passed to apropos command
> not to display irrelevant results when the search argument contains spaces;
> and a few minor fixes.  The quotation marks were removed in 1.9.20 by mistake.

Approved.

> afterstep 2.00.04-3 ---> 2.00.04-4
> -----------------------------------
> Contains patch prepared by the upstream author to fix some segfaults
> and a few other problems. When reviewing the patch, you can ignore
> the LOCAL_DEBUG_OUT changes, as they have effect only when afterstep
> is compiled with --enable-debug (and the Debian package is not).
>
> The second change (in the configuration file) is safe; also the
> touched lines are not used by default - they're overridden by
> x-terminal-emulator lines above in that file.

Too large of a change, and it's really not clear to me why things like
"improve speed of wharf button focusing" are being uploaded during the
freeze.  The crasher bug looks important, but it's hard to pick that out
within the diff.

> whichman 2.4-1 ---> 2.4-2
> -------------------------
> Documentation fixes.
> (While reviewing the patch you'll surely notice the undocumented removal
> of .cvsignore files. iIt's bacause some time ago I configured
> cvs-buildpackage to pass '-i' for dpkg-buildpackage to get rid
> of any unnecessary stuff in *.diff.gz files).

Approved.

> man2html 1.5p-2 ---> 1.5p-3
> ---------------------------
> Add Vietnamese translation of debconf templates.
> (And .cvsignore files removed for the above mentioned reason).

Approved.

> pdksh 5.2.14-18 ---> 5.2.14-19
> ------------------------------
> Register & unregister /bin/pdksh in /etc/shells with add_shell & remove_shell
> commands.
> Put some missing #ifdefs in one source file. I would suggest using
> `interdiff -U 4' for checking the change.

307323 is a wishlist bug, not an important one; and such a change can
obscure misbuilds on Linux if for some reason the RLIMIT_LOCKS define isn't
where you left it, so I'm not willing to accept this change during a freeze.

Thanks,
--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer