Re: my watchdog package

Hi Michael,

On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 04:48:58PM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:

> I just learned that I managed to not send an email to you guys when I
> uploaded a new version of watchdog fixing the bug the caused its removal
> from sarge and another small one.

You did email us, and I sent back this reply commenting on your postinst
changes; perhaps you didn't receive it:

  Hmm, unfortunately this means that anyone who has fiddled any of the
  startup symlinks for *other* runlevels is going to lose configuration
  state. :/  I think in this case, it's perhaps best to not worry about
  upgrades; presumably, anyone who was running watchdog in woody for the
  past years isn't bothered by this bug.  What do you think?

Thanks,
--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer