Re: your mail

> I notice that the binary package went from 12MB in size to 772KB.  Is this
> expected?  (I'm happy to be able to save the space in the archive, as long
> as it doesn't mean something is missing. :)

aspell-it now uses affixes which are supported by aspell0.6.x (already in
Sarge):
this means that words with prefixes and suffixes are no longer *all* contained
in the wordlist. The wordlist now contains the "root" word plus some rules
to build all the derived words. I do not know all the details but this should
be the principle.
I thoroughly tested this version of the package, using it to spellcheck translations
for the d-i and the manual of the installer (http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/spellcheck/)
and I can tell that it performs much better than the current version of aspell-it.
It would be a shame not to have this in the next stable release.
Thanx

Davide

TISCALI ADSL 6 MEGA FLAT CON 3 MESI GRATIS!
Con Tiscali Adsl 6 Mega Flat navighi con la SuperVelocita'
a soli 29.95 euro al mese, senza limiti di tempo.
E se attivi entro il 15 maggio, 3 MESI sono GRATIS!
Scopri come risparmiare navigando veloce su
http://abbonati.tiscali.it/adsl/sa/6flat_tc/