Re: Please push openct 0.6.4-2 and opensc 0.9.6-1 into testing

Hi Eric,

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 01:23:36AM -0400, Eric Dorland wrote:
> Although not reported as a bug, openct 0.6.2 (the version in testing)
> needed a soname bump but didn't get it. 0.6.4 fixes that problem, and
> since opensc and openct are somewhat codependent, the latest version
> of it should go in as well.

Are there packages in testing which depend on openct and are currently built
against the wrong ABI?  Otherwise, given that this ABI is already in
testing, how much does it really matter whether the soname is "right" -- is
there a compatibility issue with other distros?

It does seem that opensc is the only other package in testing that depends
on openct; so if opensc itself isn't currently broken, I'd prefer to avoid
this update altogether.  If an update *is* necessary, something less
disruptive will be needed that doesn't involve new upstram versions.

Thanks,
--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer