Re: please consider pinfo for sarge

reopen 290618
thanks

Hi Bas,

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 12:13:49PM +0200, Bas Zoetekouw wrote:
> Please consider pinfo 0.6.8-5 (currently in incoming) for Sarge.
> It fixes a serious bug (#290618, #296459) that made the package
> uninstallable in some cases.
> The other fixes are trivial changes like spelling errors and simple
> changes to debian/rules.

> Changelog:
>   * Fixed timestamp skew issue with the building of pinfo.info: removed the
>     info file from the diff and explicitly build it in debian/rules
>     (closes: #290618, #296459)
>   * Fixed building on systems with non-022 umasks by explicitly chmodding the
>     $(TEMPDIR) dir
>   * Removed Bugs: and Origin: headers from debian/control
>     (closes: #220098)
>   * Fixed spelling errors in man page (closes: #305625)
>   * Fixed quotes in menu file
>   * Remove config.{cache,status,log} in clean target
>   * Boosted the Standards-Version to 3.6.1 (no changes necessary)

Well, I don't think you've fixed this RC bug at all: instead, by removing
doc/pinfo.info in debian/rules, you've ensured that makeinfo is required for
*all* builds of the package, and by not adding a build-depends on texinfo,
it will be missing when building on all of the buildds.  I think you really
need to add that build-dep.

You may also want to clean up debian/changelog.dch and src/pinforc before
your next upload, I guess.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer