Re: please put fai 2.8.2 into testing/sa

Hi Thomas,

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 10:52:12PM +0200, Thomas Lange wrote:
> I would like to help that my package fai version 2.8.2 will make it
> into sarge. The differences between 2.8.1 and 2.8.2 are only for the
> three important, critical and serious bugs, so there should be no
> problems with these changes and the easiest and IMO it would make a
> lot of sense to put fai 2.8.2 into sarge.

> I also think that the changes between 2.8 and 2.8.1 doesn't contain
> extraneous changes, so it should not be necessary to create a new
> version for sarge with the changes from 2.8 to 2.8.1. There are also
> some very useful bug fixes in 2.8.1 which were not listed in the BTS.
> These would not make it into sarge if I have to prepare a new FAI
> version with only the major fixes that were reopened for sarge.

> I will try to explain what all the changes in package fai from 2.8 to
> 2.8.2 are doing. You can get a listing with line numbers from:

> http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/download/diff-2.8-2.8.2

> The explanation of every change can be found at
> http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/download/diff-comments

> If you have any questions concerning the diffs, do not hesitate to
> contact me (lange@debian.org or email in the mail header).

While I'm sure all of the changes you've made are justified in their own
right, we can't justify spending release team time on reviewing changes that
don't meet the criteria for freeze exceptions.  Please, upload a version
this package fixing only the RC/documentation/translation issues to
testing-proposed-updates.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer