Re: ipac-ng RC Bug 299207

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 09:03:12PM +0200, Christoph Siess wrote:
> i have just contacted Noel Koethe (the maintainer), he told me that he
> will be on holiday the next week and so has no time to upload a new
> version of ipac-ng. However he also told me that if somebody solves this
> bug by uploading a new version the person should do so.

> It looks like the upstream version solves the bug.
> So could anybody pls package a new version?

You'll want to ask this on debian-devel, not on debian-release.

> Is it ok for the release team if I (non DD, but a few packages in sarge)
> upload a new sponsored version of ipac-ng?

I know this is not a universally held view, but I personally discourage
sponsored NMUs, as they tend to result in uploads where the DD has neglected
his responsibility to verify the contents.  I *would* encourage you to find
a DD who can work with you to get this fixed, but I don't believe that means
a sponsored upload.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer