Re: zynaddsubfx 2.2.1 should make it into sarge...

Hi Eduardo,

I'm afraid I'm not really convinced that this alone is enough reason to
introduce a major new upstream release of the package at this stage of the
release cycle.  I'm sorry if having 1.4.3-1.1 in sarge would cause you more
work in the long term; you do have the option as the maintainer to ask for
its removal from the release, if you think it shouldn't be shipped in this
state.

I might have viewed the situation differently if this new upstream version
had only been waiting for arm (which is still is, until the mxml binaries
are signed and uploaded by the buildd admin), but the additional upload of
2.2.1-1 two days ago means that this package is still undergoing too many
changes for me to be willing to let it in.

The previous version was :)

The 2.X series has been available for six months, but It had to wait while I packaged mxml properly and made some changes to be included upstream, then, the upload of 2.1.1 spent some time waiting for mxml to get into debian (stuck on the NEW queue) and litthe after that we had the ARM issue.

The new upstream version of the package was released two weeks ago. I'm sorry, I wasn't aware of the freeze, or else I wouldn't have uploaded it. 2.2.0 was only waiting for arm, which is precisely the point you made for inclusion, I wouldn't otherwise put that argument on risk.
If it's really not possible to have a 2.X version included (which is
a pity for the multimedia-oriented users and CDDs out there) then I prefer not to include it at all, it's not a matter of saving me work in the future, but to avoid inconvenience to our users. If they see that zyn is not available in sarge and they want it, they will look for it elsewhere and hopefully find a current sarge version provided by me, that is much better than finding a deprecated version in the distribution, start using it and have to convert all their work later.

Please, consider it one more time :D

Cheers :)

Eduardo