zynaddsubfx 2.2.1 should make it into sarge...

Hi there,

Good news we're now frozen :D, but it seems that one of my packages didn't make it on time for the freeze:

http://packages.qa.debian.org/z/zynaddsubfx.html

zynaddsubfx 1.4.3 (the version in testing) is way too old, I wish any of the 2.x series package had made it, Not only because 1.4.3 is very old and lacks a lot of functionality when compared to 2.x but mainly because the data format used to store program state and data has changed from a binary format to a xml-like text file, which solves lots of potential edianess problems when using binary data in different platforms (never had the chance to really test for those) than the one in which the file was saved. And also because there's no tool available
to convert between the old and the new data formats.

Our users will have problems to exchange data files ( musical instrument definitions, this is a synthesizer) among other users of this software because of the different format, and will accumulate data that will need to be converted someday in the future, using tools that will have to be developed specially for this case. In the end it will will require much more work (for both us and the user) and will deliver much less value (now I did sound
corporate eh?).

The only known problem on this package up to now is a "normal" bug which appears on a special case and does not compromise the overall usefullness of the package. The bug is being looked at already and should be
fixed shortly.

Thank you all for the good work!!! :)

Regards,

Eduardo