Re: New Postgresql problems

Andreas Barth wrote:
> * Martin Pitt (mpitt@debian.org) [050504 15:05]:
> > Martin Schulze [2005-05-04 12:29 +0200]:

> > > Let's decide this when the packages are ready.  Officially security
> > > support has started, hence via security.  However, if the packages
> > > will be available soon and the chances that they're built against
> > > wrong libraries are low, they can go via sid as well.
> >
> > I just uploaded 7.4.7-6 into Sid with urgency=high. I tested the debs
> > on my server which runs Sarge, they install fine and both the upgrade
> > and a fresh installation do not have the vulnerabilities any more. The
> > only difference between Sarge and Sid is now the security fix. For
> > your interest, here is the changeset:
> >
> >  http://arch.piware.de/cgi-bin/archzoom.cgi/pkg-postgresql-private@lists.alioth.debian.org--2005/postgresql--devel--1--patch-41?log
> >
> > Joey, Debian Release Team: Please let me know whether you can push the
> > Sid version into Sarge, or you prefer a separate testing-security
> > upload (which would differ only by the changelog version, though).
>
> That's more or less Joeys decision if he wants to push the package via
> testing-security (well, it might be a good test for that :). For us,
> pushing via unstable also works.

Since the package *has* been uploaded into sid already, it doesn't make
sense to to another upload and keep buildds busy just for the sake of it.

> (And, just for the record, I was not able to see 7.4.7-6 already in sid,
> but just -5 in incoming.)

It's rather vice versa:

postgresql  testing       7.4.7-5        alpha arm hppa i386 ia64 m68k mips mipsel powerpc s390 sparc source
postgresql  unstable      7.4.7-5        alpha arm hppa i386 ia64 m68k mips mipsel powerpc s390 sparc source

and -6 is in incoming.

Regards,

	Joey

--
We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
        -- Linus Torvalds