Please allow foomatic-gui, foomatic-filters-ppds in sarge

Please consider allowing the following two packages to transition into
sarge after the regular delay:

foomatic-gui: Added translation of debconf template to Japanese
(#307002); ensure /etc/cups/printers.conf is created if no queues
exist yet (severity important: #306812).

foomatic-filters-ppds: Fix printer options on all PostScript PPD
files--without this fix, printer options (duplex, resolution, etc.)
are not honored, which will annoy users (severity important: #299513).

You may also want to consider reportbug, which had a few annoying
(but, IIRC, not important) bugs in 3.8 that are fixed by 3.11.  I am
working on a 3.12 that has more extensive bug fixes, but nothing (IMO)
particularly important for sarge.  The only exception might be the
deeply annoying "vi decides to be the default editor" semi-bug* that
traps new users (latest iteration: #299172)... a solution to which
might justify a sarge-specific upload.

* Essentially, some task seems to pull in vim, so newbies get shoved
  into vim by anything that calls sensible-editor, including reportbug
  (which uses the editor alternative, where vim is given a higher
  priority than nano).  Potential solutions: nag newbies who are using
  vim via sensible-editor so they change the alternative; call nano
  instead of sensible-editor if no $EDITOR/$VISUAL set in novice mode;
  get someone to fix vim to have a lower priority; get vim out of
  whatever task pulls it in.  I don't care which solution is used, but
  I'm sick and tired of seeing 299172-like bugs.

Chris
--
Chris Lawrence <lawrencc@debian.org> - http://blog.lordsutch.com/