Re: GNOME packages sarge status

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 04:04:27PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Jeroen van Wolffelaar <jeroen@wolffelaar.nl> writes:
>
> > On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 11:29:53PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> >> Here is the list of packages maintained by the GNOME team and that
> >> differ between sarge and sid:
> >> - unimportant changes
> >> + please consider moving the package
> >>
> >> + poppler 0.1.2-1 -> 0.3.0-2
> >>         not sure about this one: it's still under heavy development, and
> >>         isn't used by any other package
> >
> > An unused library package with no reverse dependencies. I suggest
> > removing it from sarge, it's of too minor use there.
>
> Can we assume that no user uses this library?

poppler is what became of xpdf when it got its pdf displaying code
ripped out and transformed to a library.  Evince (and kpdf, TTBOMK) will
use it (or use it already), but I guess it is safe to leave it out for
sarge and just ship the Evince we got right now (i.e., the one not
linking against poppler but shipping the xpdf code in its source)

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Debian Developer