Re: GNOME packages sarge status

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 04:04:27PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Jeroen van Wolffelaar <jeroen@wolffelaar.nl> writes:
> > On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 11:29:53PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> >> + poppler 0.1.2-1 -> 0.3.0-2
> >>         not sure about this one: it's still under heavy development, and
> >>         isn't used by any other package
> >
> > An unused library package with no reverse dependencies. I suggest
> > removing it from sarge, it's of too minor use there.
>
> Can we assume that no user uses this library?

No, but it's certainly still in big flux, being very new, so unlikely to
be of use in a stable release if it's not supporting any actual program
in sarge. The project exists only since 27 feb 2005 at all, and being a
fork of xpdf rending code, any security bug in xpdf is likely also going
to apply to poppler . I for one am wondering whether all of the most
recent xpdf issues are appliceable to plopper and fixed.

People going to support/compile programs for sarge are likely going to
need more than just poppler anyway, or even just a new version of it.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl