Re: Please consider portmap 5-10 for sarge

Hi Anibal,

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 07:29:40PM +1000, Anibal Monsalve Salazar wrote:
> Please consider portmap 5-10 for sarge.

> Changes:
>  portmap (5-10) unstable; urgency=high
>  .
>    * Re-added the debconf configuration, although the default for this is now
>      to have portamp listening in all interfaces. The debconf setting
>      allows system administrators, base-config and cdd developers to preseed
>      this value to 'true' (link only to the loopback interface) if needed.
>      Patch by Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña <jfs@computer.org>.
>      Closes: #301130, #286301.
>    * Thanks to the following translators for their contribution:
>      cs      Miroslav Kure <kurem@debian.cz>
>      da      Claus Hindsgaul <claus_h@image.dk>
>      es      Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña <jfs@debian.org>
>      fr      Stephane Fombonne <s.fombonne@laposte.net>
>      it      Luca Monducci <luca.mo@tiscali.it>
>      ja      Kenshi Muto <kmuto@debian.org>
>      pt_BR   André Luís Lopes <andrelop@debian.org>
>      uk      Eugeniy Meshcheryakov <eugen@univ.kiev.ua>
>    * Fixed "incomplete chroot patch from #274178", closes: #301535.

I'm not too keen on this bit in the postinst:

+       else
+               if ! grep "^OPTIONS=\"-i 127.0.0.1\"" $CONFFILE >/dev/null 2>&1 ; then
+               echo "Portmap options have already been configured in $CONFFILE"
+               echo "This script will not modify it, please edit this file manually."
+               fi
+       fi

This will cause this error message to be displayed every time a new version
is installed, once the config file has been manually modified.  I don't
think that's very desirable.

Also, /etc/default/portmap is a conffile, so editing it in the postinst is a
policy violation; please correct this.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer