Re: PostgreSQL stalled [was: Re: Release update: debian-installer, kernels, infrastructure, freeze, etch, arm]

Hi!

Steve Langasek [2005-04-01 15:06 -0800]:
> Hi Martin,
>
> On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 06:15:03PM +0200, Martin Pitt wrote:
> > Andreas Barth [2005-04-01 15:48 +0200]:
> > > In the meantime, if you have a release-critical bugfix for sarge that is
> > > being held out of testing *only* by a missing arm build, please contact
> > > the release team so that we can arrange to push the package in if
> > > appropriate.
>
> > Indeed I have such a package. PostgreSQL failed to build on arm and
> > m68k some 30 days ago due to a broken xserver-common package; I
> > notified the buildd teams about this, m68k is already sorted out now.
> > But it would really be nice to get the sid version into Sarge, I only
> > do bugfixes for some time now.
>
> > Can you please push this a bit?
>
> > Thanks in advance and have a nice day,
>
> What's the release-critical bugfix involved here?

7.4.7-3 fixes broken upgrades of postgresql-dev (#296350), but the tag
was filed with severity "normal". Although breaking upgrades are
often considered to be serious, I agree that it was not the worst bug
in the world.

> Ignoring arm out-of-dateness is *only* an option for RC bugs,
> everyone else has to wait.

Okay, fine for me. I hope that the arm folks respond soon.

Have a nice day!

Martin

--
Martin Pitt               http://www.piware.de