Re: ABI-changing kernel security fixes for sarge

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 13:30:38 +0000, Martin Michlmayr wrote:

> * Humberto Massa <humberto.massa@almg.gov.br> [2005-03-23 10:25]:
>> Important question: is sarge *really* being released in the next 1 or 2
>> months?  If not, there is no good reason not to do this. All the other
>> stuff that is going on in sarge can be done in parallel with this, and
>> d-i won't be the bottleneck.
>
> The work should be done in unstable anyway.  Once it's completed and
> sarge is not out yet, people might plan another d-i rc.

Once it's completed and sarge not out yet, if another d-i rc is planned, I
will be pushing for a newer kernel in sarge (again).  One gets tired of
hearing "we're close to releasing, you can't do that!" over and over
again, without an actual release.  I sincerely hope sarge is ready in 1-2
months.