Re: ABI-changing kernel security fixes for sarge

Hi,

I am finally nearing the bottom of my todo list for the
up and coming release of kernel-source-2.4.27 2.4.27-9.
And to date, the only ABI change I have is for CAN-2005-0449,
as per my mail yesterday.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2005/03/msg00689.html

To the best of my knowledge 2.6.8 is in the same position -
I worked with Andres Salomon on the fix that went in there,
and the fix that was pulled out, and they are the
same fixes as for 2.4.27.

I am quite comfortable with doing a post-sarge security update
for this if the d-i team feels this is the best approach.
Though it is a remote exploit, and that needs to be
taken into due consideration.

--
Horms