Re: kaffe in sarge

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 04:34:27PM +0100, Dalibor Topic wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 22.03.2005, 13:46 +0100 schrieb Arnaud Vandyck:
> > FYI.
> >
> > A new kaffe upstream snapshot with debian support for mips and
> > mipsel has been uploaded. It seems it couldn't be built on mipsel :'(
> >
> > http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=kaffe&ver=2%3A1.1.4.PRECVS9-1&arch=mipsel&stamp=1111460324&file=log&as=raw
> >
> > I contact upstream.

> Thanks for the quick notice. I'm cross-ing to all debian arches atm to
> fix build problems I failed to notice ;( Fixes for ia64 and mipsel are
> in CVs already, a fix for arm is in the works.

Arnaud, if ia64 and mipsel are fixed, can we get this uploaded *now*,
please?  We've been waiting months for a releasable version of kaffe; I was
expecting an upload a month ago to fix the s390 failure based on your
previous comments, and now that the upload finally came it included
2-day-old code changes that were broken on mipsel.  I don't want to wait to
see what else the arm changes will break on other architectures.

If you want to upload a version that will build on arm after we get a fixed
version in testing, that's fine; but arm has never had kaffe before, so this
should not hold up the release.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer