Re: two gnucash bits

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 07:18:45PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> writes:

> > Because NEW processing is a treadmill, and not a release issue except in
> > select cases.

> Right, let me be more precise about what I'm suggesting.

> It seems to me that if a package is in NEW in order to fix a bug in
> testing (especially an important or higher severity bug), then we
> shouldn't freeze until the bug fix has propogated throught NEW
> processing.

Generally, yes.  I don't actually see anything in the gnucash bts page that
explains why this would be a bug of important or higher severity, even
though you filed the bug on gtkhtml at severity: important requesting the
new upstream version.

I'd be much more enthusiastic if something was in the works that would drop
gnucash's dependency on the ancient and decrepit gal package, which has
grown FTBFS several times over the past two years (and has another one right
now).

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer