Re: Do not make gratuitous source uploads just to provoke the buildds!

Op di, 15-03-2005 te 16:19 -0500, schreef Anthony DeRobertis:
> Wouter Verhelst wrote:
>
> | You misunderstood. I don't fight generic changes to the order; I just
> | don't think it would be a good thing that any random developer could
> | prioritize his pet package.
> |

> Any random developer already has root on X thousand debian systems. We
> can trust him with that, but not with helping determine build order?

I'm afraid it won't actually be 'helping'.

I've seen enough of "My package isn't built and it's urgent and the
buildd admins suck!" to expect what would happen.

That's not to say that a request to prioritize a package is to be
ignored; however, the power of deciding which packages get built first
should be with those that actually build the packages, rather than with
those who want their packages to be built. The former are expected to be
following the larger picture; the latter are not.

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks