Re: Do not make gratuitous source uploads just to provoke the buildds!

Wouter Verhelst <wouter@grep.be> writes:

> I agree with the w-b maintainers. The queue order is only interesting in
> the case where there is a backlog; in other cases, packages are usually
> built rather fast. In the case where there is a backlog, those trying to
> fix the architecture (usually those that are working on it) should be in
> charge of deciding what package gets built first, not the maintainer of
> a random package -- /all/ package builds are urgent if there's a
> backlog.

First, there is no queue.  It's a list, but not a queue.

I agree that we need policy here, but a serious problem is that
currently when there is a backlog, maintainers of penalized packages
have a perverse incentive not to fix any bugs in any *other* package
because it will cause the penalty on their package to continue.