Re: gjdoc (0.7.1-2) and javax-servletapi2.3 (4.0-6) to Sarge

On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 11:05:11PM +0100, Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
> Sat, 26 Feb 2005 22:02:04 -0800,
> Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:

> > On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 06:43:40PM +0100, Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
> >> gjdoc (0.7.1-2) is now able to build acceptable javadoc for java libs
> >> and java apps. Thanks to let it go to Sarge.

> >> With this gjdoc, I've been able to generate the javadoc for package
> >> javax-servletapi2.3 (4.0-6) so RC Bug #279374 is now closed. Thanks to
> >> let it go to Sarge.

> >> I'd like to work again on kaffe because it's not perfect, but the
> >> release in unstable is far better then the one in testing at the moment
> >> (should reach Sarge in 3 days or so).

> > The gjdoc package can't make it into sarge without the new version of kaffe,
> > which fails to build on s390.  This looks like a source regression; can you
> > take a look at it?

> Dalibor Topic told me it's a typo! ;-) It's already solved upstream,
> I'll upload a new kaffe package on Thursday with also a better behaviour
> on mips and mipsel (no more JIT but interpretor mode).

> Steve, what is the deadline for a kaffe upload to be present in Sarge?

There's no absolute deadline yet -- as I said before, kaffe is one of those
packages that it would be fairly painful for us to try to release without --
but obviously, the sooner you can upload a release-worthy version, the
better off we all are.  I expect we'll have to go through another round or
two of bug chasing once the fixed kaffe does reach testing and we can see
clearly which RC bugs still remain that aren't actually kaffe's fault.

> Steve, many thanks for your work,

And many thanks for yours. :)

--
Steve Langasek