Re: debian-release FAQ wikipage?

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 04:15:09PM -0600, Drew Scott Daniels wrote:
> I've started a debian-release@d.o FAQ at
> http://wiki.debian.net/?DebianReleaseFAQ

> I hope it can help save some valuable release team time and reduce
> annoying messages to this list.

Q: Can you change testing's code name or release number?

    * That is a decision for the RM's. Unless the issue is a release blocker
debian-release is not the appropriate forum for this discussion. Please see
past threads on this issue before asking elsewhere.

Hmm, is that actually a FAQ?  I must've deleted those messages without
registering their existence...

I'm generally lukewarm about the use of wikis for disseminating information
to developers.  They make reasonable fora for iterative group-revision of
ideas, but it's hard enough to get people to pay attention to stuff posted
to d-d-a without also expecting people to go trawling wikis for info (which,
btw, is something I personally will not do).

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer