Re: tiff 3.7.1-1 somehow migrated to testing

Hi Jay,

* Jay Berkenbilt (ejb@ql.org) [050124 18:30]:
> Bottom line: 3.7.1-1 has an RC bug: the -dev package has incorrect
> dependencies.  This bug is fixed in 3.7.1-2 which was uploaded as
> urgency low.  How should we fix this?  One possibility would be to
> bump the urgency of 3.7.1-2 and let it go into testing.  Another
> possibility would be to somehow force 3.6.1-5 back into testing, but
> it would be a real shame to have to add an epoch to the version for
> this.

Well, AFAICS, the _only_ bad effect is that some other packages may
FTBFS till -2 reaches testing. As we didn't freeze testing till now, -2
will almost definitly reach testing before sarge is released. So, I
think the way to go is just to wait and see what happens. The only
request is: Please don't upload any new version till -2 managed to make
it to sarge for itself.

> Also, if 3.7.1-1 moved to testing because of the race condition I'm
> speculating about, this should be fixed.  Where should I report the
> problem?

debian-release is the right address for that.

Thanks for your mail.

Cheers,
Andi
--