Please prepare for a request to hint shadow (really, now...)

shadow 4.0.3_30.7 has now been built on all arches. No RC bug appeared
(still 3 days to run for the 10 days incubation period).

I have double-checked that the following changes do NOT break Debian
Installer and I thus consider it ready for sarge as the now de facto
maintainer of this package (still seeking for help maintaining
it....annoucement soon to come).

So, now really, please hint shadow for entering sarge.

A mentioned previously:

> Contrary to other 4.0.3-30.x NMU's that one is not only a translation
> upload.
>
> Two other changes happened:
>

> -A conflicts with manpages-pl (<=20020406) has been added for closing
>  #284239 which was RC (broke woody->sarge upgrades if manpages-pl was
>  installed)

The 30.7 release added a conflict for both login and passwd. 30.6 only
had the conflict for passwd.

> -The chpasswd code was changed to allow MD5 encoding of generated
>  passwords. chpasswd is a utility for changing user passwords in batch
>  mode, from an input file with clear text or encrypted passwords
>  In former versions, chpasswd could only generate DES-encrypted
>  passwords which could confuse users with MD5 ncryption for passwords
>
>  The code for adding this was contirbuted by Ian Gulliver and reviewed
>  both by upstream and Sam Hartman

This was broken in 30.5 and fixed in 30.6. chpasswd has been checked
in all possible situations I could imagine, including, as mentioned
above the use made in passwd.config during Debian Installer 2nd stage
(thanks Colin for the notice).

I'd like to use this occasion for a public thanks to Piotr
Krukowiecki, Robert Luberda, Ian Gulliver, Sam Hartman, Tomasz Koczko
(upstream author) who all helped on sorting out the recent issues on
this important package and make it more release quality. Karl Ramm,
who is still officially in charge of this package even if nearly MIA,
also deserves a special thanks for all his work maintaining it since
May 2001.