Re: Problem with octave-plplot

On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 11:46:23PM +0100, Rafael Laboissiere wrote:
> The message below reports a bug involving two packages in sarge that are out
> of sync, due to an API-related problem.  This is a RC bug (although no bug
> report has been filled) which is fixed in sid.  What should we do?

The octave2.1 package is being held back by lack of a powerpc package. No
idea why. I have generally given up following each and every package through
-- we simply have too many architecture to keep this semi-reliable. I told
the poster in a follow-up on octave-help to get himself fresh packages from
unstable.

For octave-plplot, the dependendies are much messier and releated to gcc 3.4
and the libunwind mess. That is way behind me, but my octave-forge is being
bitten by the same problem.

Dirk

--
If you don't go with R now, you will someday.
  -- David Kane on r-sig-finance, 30 Nov 2004