Re: Please refrain from non-RC gcc-3.4 uploads until a new version has entered sarge

Matthias Klose <doko@cs.tu-berlin.de> schrieb:

> ok, I'll upload a new versions with urgency=high. The current packages
> are not suitable for sarge. We'll need newer packages for
>
> - gcc-3.4_3.4.3-6, containing a current libunwind lib.
>
> - libunwind-0.98.3-3
>
> - gcc-3.2_3.3.5, depending on the new libgcc1 from gcc-3.4_3.4.3-6

I think it would be a good idea to file bugs against those packages in
this case. To me it seemed just like a "why not test the new cvs
version"-upload.

> - glibc -20, depending on the new gcc-3.4.

Well, the bug might be #284563. But I really couldn't guess, from
looking at the changelog and BTS, that this is the reason why libunwind
doesn't enter sarge.

> Sorry for inconvenience, that unwind based exceptions was more painful
> than expected.

The questions why packages must depend on libunwind at all has been
raised on -devel (actually I just took the thread from -mentors to
-devel, don't know whether the mails are yet there). Perhaps you can
contribute?

Thank you for the explanation, and for your work on gcc,

Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich