Re: proposed gpm uploads to testing-proposed-updates

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 08:36:51PM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> There is an RC bug on sarge's gpm package, it has some other FTBFS
> bugs. We have prepared two alternative uploads, one with the minimal
> required changes and another one with low-risk stuff that would be
> very nice to have in sarge and that's the one we would prefer.

> The prefered patch is accumulative to the required one.

> Find them on:

> 	<http://people.debian.org/~guillem/gpm/>

> So we are asking for aproval to upload one of the proposed
> changesets to testing-proposed-updates.

> I'm in a hurry, so if I've left something Peter will correct or
> expand.

Feedback on the combined patch:

 debian/rules --

 Setting -D_REENTRANT here is odd, you normally want this in the
 upstream Makefiles (particularly since not everything built by this
 package is a library).  Not new, though, just moved around, so this is
 just a comment.
 Setting INSTALL_PROGRAM += -s is redundant, debhelper will strip (or
 not) for you automatically.

 debian/gpm.postinst --

+# Remove leftover file from an old version
+if [ -e /etc/gpm-root.conf ]; then
+  rm -f /etc/gpm-root.conf || true
+fi

 This seems like a questionable change for a t-p-u upload, considering
 configuration files are normally only removed on package *purge*.

I have no other complaints about the changes in the "preferred" diff.
Please upload to t-p-u when you can.

Thanks,
--
Steve Langasek