Re: Please remove package muine from testing

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> [Don't know if you're subscribed, sorry for the CC if you are]

I joined temporarily to track replies

> On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 16:26:01 +0100
> Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > I'd like the muine package[1] to be removed from testing because it
> > is too outdated (0.5.3, May 2004) and the new version in sid (0.6.3,
>
> But does this outdateness cause problems? I would enjoy having a muine
> version in sarge, even if it is not the most up-to-date.

I would also enjoy having it there too :(

It seems quite likely to me that if it went into sarge that there would
be serious bug reports of things that were fixed later in the 0.6.x
series.

Relying on the very old mono packages in testing also makes me
uncomfortable, since they have problems.   If mono 1.0.x can't
make it into sarge, I'd rather not be dependent on the old version.

Dave