Re: Remove postgresql-plruby on ia64 from sarge?

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 07:20:08PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> The latest postgresql-plruby package does not build on ia64 because the
> configuration script hangs indefinitely until the buildd kills it.  I
> have asked around for help, but so far without success.

Why can I find no open bug report about this problem?

> The fault is in the configuration script, which is written in ruby
> itself, and since the script works on all other architectures and
> certainly contains no if ($arch = ia64) then suspend(); instruction, I
> suspect that there are more general issues with ruby on this platform.
> Even if someone succeeded to shake the script until it works, I don't
> feel comfortable right now about supporting this package on this
> architecture.

I would prefer to see some feedback from the ruby maintainers before
endorsing the removal of this binary from the archive; but in any case,
as has already been noted, only ftpmasters can remove the binaries for
you.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer