Re: final report on all woody DSAs and sarge

Steve Langasek wrote:

> > > That won't help since it is in stable as well, so people upgrading
> > > from stable without security.debian.org will still have that package
> > > installed.
>
> > It will be marked as obsolete, though.  We cannot support packages forever
> > just because they were in the stable release; supporting the release which
> > contained them is enough.
>
> Agreed...

Except that for this particular case the precondition may be a bit different
since it is not fixed in stable, technically.  It's fixed on security.debian.org
but rejected by for stable since the version in unstable hasn't been updated.

The fixed version is: 2.02-7woody1

The unfixed version in stable is: 2.02-7
The unfixed version in unstable is: 2.02-7

Due to the 'version in stable << version in stable-proposed-updates << version in unstable'
conditio the update couldn't creep in without somebody uploading an NMU for
unstable.

Regards,

	Joey

--
WARNING: Do not execute!  This call violates patent DE10108564.
http://www.elug.de/projekte/patent-party/patente/DE10108564

wget -O patinfo-`date +"%Y%m%d"`.html http://patinfo.ffii.org/