Re: New version of libpqxx for upload

On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 15:41:55 -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> It's certainly ok to upload it, but from what I see this library isn't
> actually used by any packages in Debian.  Are there other reasons why this
> library would be important to include in a stable release, if there's no
> software depending on it?

Currently, the only C++ interface library for PostgreSQL in sarge is
libpqpp-dev. Its API is quite ancient and does not fit well with current C++
practice. PostgreSQL upstream encourages C++ developers to switch to libpqxx
as it has an API that fits much better with current C++ practice; as such it
would be a shame not to have it readily available in sarge.

http://tools.devchannel.org/devtoolschannel/04/05/11/1720258.shtml?tid=24&tid=46
offers a nice introduction to libpqxx.

Disclosure: libpqxx's author is a good friend of mine and I've done some
auto*-related work on libpqxx.

Ray
--
Gartner is what you get when you pipe statistics through consultants.
	- jtv