Re: Temporary removal of cyphesis-cpp package from sarge/testing

Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> writes:

> For testing migration, it doesn't matter if a old version of it is in
> sarge or not. If it is not built on all archs in unstable, it does not
> go in[1]. So, to achive this goal, the outdated version in unstable
> needs to be removed. However, removing outdated binaries happens only
> if the package does not work on that archs any more, and also then
> only by ftp-masters.

The net effect of this is that some packages (two in QA that I'm
fretting about) are blocked because the ftp-masters haven't processed
the relevant remove requests for the sid archive.

I don't know what the correct course of action is here, but it's a
shame to have the release delayed on this account.  Is it possible for
the release managers for sarge to override this problem, and migrate
things to sarge even if the ftp-masters haven't cleaned up sid first?

Thomas