Re: Attempt to build perl with gcc 2.95 on ARM

Colin Watson writes:
> I've just managed to build perl with gcc-3.3 and -O1 on pp_ctl, pp_hot,
> and pp_sort, using the patch suggested by Brendan earlier in the bug
> report. I've uploaded this binary-only to unstable, although I know
> that's a hack. Thanks to Vince for letting me use astonishing amounts of
> CPU time on this.

cool, Vince any CPU cycles left for gcc builds? ;-)

> Unfortunately, the build depends on the new libgcc1 from gcc-3.4.
> debian-gcc, can I confirm that you intend to let the current version of
> gcc-3.4 into testing, once the m68k build arrives?

in fact, gcc-3.4 could be moved to testing without the m68k build. on
hppa and m68k the libgcc1 is built from the 3.3 sources. So once the
arm 3.4 build currently in queue/new gets in, 3.3 and 3.4 can go to
testing. I didn't see any bug reports associated with the new libgcc1.

	Matthias