Re: gcrypt7/gnutls10 => gcrypt11/gnutls11 for Sarge

Hi, Steve Langasek wrote:

> I would recommend re-uploading gnutls11 and gcrypt11 to unstable
> immediately; I don't see any reason why the addition of new library
> packages needs to be staged in experimental, this would be more of an
> issue for packages *depending* on such libraries.

Unfortunately, it's not that easy.

The problem is opencdk8-dev which now depends on gcrypt11, because
otherwise gnutls11 is not buildable. If I upload that to Unstable, d-i
will break *immediately*.

I could create a opencdk8.11 package, but that'd need different library
versioning tags, which would be incompatible with Upstream and presumably
cause problems with non-Debian binaries. I can do that if there's a
consensus that this is not going to be much of a problem.

--
Matthias Urlichs