Re: Please remove cernlib from testing

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 03:11:52PM -0400, Kevin B. McCarty wrote:
> Could someone please remove cernlib from testing?  The latest release is
> blocked because there are ia64 and alpha .debs in testing,

No, removing cernlib from testing will have no effect on this. Your
problem is that the binaries for alpha, hppa, ia64, m68k, and mips are
out of sync in *unstable*. You'll need to arrange for the relevant ones
to be built and the others to be removed by ftpmaster, and then the new
version will propagate to testing.

> but I have excluded ia64 and alpha from the Arch list recently since
> cernlib is not 64-bit compatible.  Once these are removed, the version
> of cernlib in unstable should in principle propagate to testing almost
> immediately.

The testing checks will exclude a package which has out-of-sync
architectures in unstable, even if ther's no version of that package in
testing.