telnet, ftp, and ssl

Hi!

I'm the maintainer of the netkit-{telnet,ftp} and linux-ftpd packages.

Christoph Martin asked me to merge the SSL patches, that he maintains as
separate packages (netkit-{telnet,ftp}-ssl and linux-ftpd-ssl), into the
non-ssl source packages. After this change, telnet{,d}-ssl and ftp{,d}-ssl
would be provided by the non-ssl packages (via multi-build and conditional
patch applying).

However, I heard that package relationships in base are frozen. The packages
in question are at most priority "standard" (not "required"). Does the
freeze affect them too? In any case, do you approve doing this change now or
should it be put on hold untill Sarge is released.

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T., Ainulindale (Silmarillion)