Re: Update on "upload of GNOME 2.6 to unstable" status

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 10:38:03AM +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> Rene Engelhard <rene@debian.org> writes:
> > And what is with external (non-GNOME) stuff depending on gtk/atk/etc.?
> > It would be held up then regardless of whether they fix important or even
> > RC bugs...
> Don't worry we are not going in this way.

(In any case, presuming it's not the porting to the new library versions
that's the problem, fixing RC bugs quickly is the job of the maintainer
of that package, not the Gnome team; if they've done major hackery that
breaks badly and that they aren't able to fix quickly, they should be
working in experimental too, for the same reason Gnome2.6 is in there.
But in general, that shouldn't be the case anyway.)

((For Gnome2.6's purposes, if that does happen, those packages'll just get
dropped from testing to avoid delaying G2.6 anyway. It's a nuisance, but
shouldn't be a big deal.))

Cheers,
(((aj)))

Don't assume I speak for anyone but myself. GPG signed mail preferred.