Re: mozilla

On Sun, May 02, 2004 at 06:45:43PM +0100, Mark Howard wrote:
> AFAICT, everything is satisfied now so could you possibly add the hint
> please?

Sorry, I was having problems with my home workstation and have been a
little lax about hints over the past few days.  The hint has already
been activated, and will take effect tonight (so mozilla will propagate
with tomorrow's dinstall).

> Will this happen (a hint be needed) every time a new major mozilla
> release is made? Or is it caused by something else (for example
> galeon-common being created)?

As long as galeon and epiphany-browser declare both versioned-depends
and versioned-conflicts on mozilla-browser, manual intervention will be
needed whenever those relationships cannot be satisfied by moving the
affected packages into testing separately.  Since these versioned
relationships take the place of a mozilla shared library package whose
name changes when the ABI changes, I don't see that there's any way
around this issue; you would get only incremental benefits from using an
actual shared library package whose name changes, as I imagine the ABI
mozilla exports *will* usually change with each major release.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer