Re: removal suggestions

On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 03:41:22PM +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> I was going through the RC bug list while preparing the BSP. The
> following packages are IMHO candidates for removal from testing.

> remove ddt/0.5.9.1

> old RC bug (cannot fulfill build-deps), from the comments in the BR
> I read that it is nontrivial to fix and a upstream issue.

Hmm, I don't see anything in that report that would imply it's
particularly hard to fix.  Hinted, regardless.

> remove lgc-pg/0.32-1
> remove lgeneral/1.1.1-3

> "move to contrib" issue, no response from maintainer ("only" three weeks
> old, though).

Four weeks.  Hinted.

> And there are many kernel removal suggestions (as RC bugs) for

> kernel-headers-2.2.20-sparc
> kernel-image-2.2.20-sun4dm-smp
> kernel-image-2.4.17-s390
> kernel-patch-2.2-lids
> kernel-patch-2.2.17-vm-global
> kernel-patch-2.2.18-vm-global
> kernel-patch-2.2.20-arm
> kernel-patch-2.2.20-p3
> kernel-patch-2.2.20-raid

> Some of them should probably removed from unstable, too.
> I'm not familiar enough with kernel issues too make final
> suggestions here (but all of them sound reasonable to me).

I would expect that all of these should be removed from unstable, and
suggest that filing a bug against ftp.debian.org for each requesting its
removal would be better than having then hand-processed for both testing
*and* unstable.

Thanks,
--
Steve Langasek