Re: Testing upgrade excuses picking the wrong package

Daniel Bonniot wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The excuses for Nice currently read:
>
> # nice (0.9.5-1 to 0.9.6-1)
>
>     * Maintainer: Daniel Bonniot
>     * Too young, only 4 of 10 days old
>     * Not considered
>     * Depends: nice orp-classpath (not considered)
>

> The strange part is nice depending on orp-classpath. Getting the
> information from:
> http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=nice;printalldeps=1
>
> What is true is that:
>   nice depends on java1-runtime, provided by: orp-classpath, gij-3.3,
> kaffe, sablevm
> but since:
>   info: gij-3.3 has version 1:3.3.3-1 in testing
> and
>   info: sablevm  has version 1.1.0-5 in testing
> it seems there is no reason for nice to wait for orp-classpath.
>
> I'm not sure if this will still be a problem when nice is old enough to
> be considered, but the current output is at least misleading.

Yes, indeed.  What's going on here?  The same phenomenon affects other java
packages as well.

Question to people who understand the release scripts: Will this fix itself
if orp-classpath is removed from unstable as well as testing?  Then gij-3.3
should be the first package providing 'java1-runtime', which is as it
should be.

--
Make sure your vote will count.
http://www.verifiedvoting.org/