Re: Why is package X not in testing yet?

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 11:14:35PM +0100, Richard B. Kreckel wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > FYI, qalculate-gtk is now built on all platforms, but is waiting on
> > libxml2 to precede it into testing.  Once this happens, cln, ginac, and
> > qalculate-gtk will be hinted in.
>
> Great.  Let's hope you're right.
>
> Which leaves me wondering: how does one obtain such wisdom?  I mean,
> yesterday there was no hint to libxml2 being a blocker to qalculate-gtk on
> <http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=qalculate-gtk>.  There was
> only mention of it not having built on m68k.

Really? There is today ...

  * qalculate-gtk is waiting for cln, libxml2
      + libxml2 is only 7 days old. It must be 10 days to go in.

It's also possible Steve was just looking ahead to stuff that had just
been uploaded into the archive, which can be up to a day in front of
what the testing scripts say (since they only run daily).