Re: More removal suggestions

Igor Genibel wrote:

> Le Friday 12 March 2004 02:27, Nathanael Nerode a écrit :
>
>> remove dovecot/0.99.10.4-2
>> #225048 (data loss) and #232832
>
> Could you explain your motivation about dovecot ?
> The upstream seems to be active and aware
> ( http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=225048 )
> and the maintainer too ...
> The package is up to date (same as the upstream).

I don't think it's reasonable to release the current version, and the bug
has sat at 'grave' since February 11 (a full month) with no visible
progress.

There has to come some point at which one decides that a package with grave
bugs shouldn't be included in the release, doesn't there?

If you think it's just fine to release sarge containing dovecot in this
data-lossy condition, well, then it shouldn't be removed from sarge.
However, it sounds like a bad idea to me.

--
Make sure your vote will count.
http://www.verifiedvoting.org/