Re: Spamassassin 3.0 not in testing

MrVanes wrote:
Hi,

I've been watching the spamassassin package page
(http://packages.qa.debian.org/s/spamassassin.html) for a while now, hoping
for spamassassin 3.0 to enter testing but it's being held (for 23 days) by
some 'aba'.

SA has no dependancies (as far as I can see) that need to be fulfilled
before entering and no release critical bugs!

Can anybody please explain this to me?

Regards,
Martin

aba=="Andreas Barth", along with Colin Watson, Steve Langasek, and Frank Lichtenheld, he is one of the individuals in charge of the release of Sarge. Initially there were performance regression concerns with spamassassin 3.0[which appear to have been addressed to most people's satisfaction but I could be wrong], and I vaguely remember concerns with bayse database upgrade paths[which didn't affect woody->sarge anyway], and it also appears to break spamass-milter[and possibly other packages though the only other one explicitly listed has been updated already[gotmail]], but I don't know what the current concerns are, if any.