Re: Testing-proposed-updates question

Hi,

Martin Schulze (joey@infodrom.org) wrote on 08:54:57AM 10/11/04:
> Robin wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I have a question about the t-p-u build queue; one of my packages (kvirc) is
> > trying to make it into testing by way of t-p-u and right now it's only
> > waiting to be built on mips before that can happen.
> > Should I ask a MIPS buildd maintainer to schedule a t-p-u build for me or
> > should I just keep waiting? It's been over 30 days since it entered t-p-u.
> > Last thing I heard we were all aware that the mips builders are still
> > swamped (both autobuilds and t-p-u builds) and I assume that is the case
> > still. I'm just curious if there's anything *I* can do to help move my
> > package along.
>
> There is no mips buildd for testing-proposed-updates, which is one
> of the problems with this bypass...  Hence, you'll have to ask a
> mips porter to compile the pacakge.

I have asked on debian-mips@lists.debian.org and sent a request to
mips@buildd.debian.org as well but got no replies from anyone yet. This is
getting to be pretty frustrating.

Using dpkg-cross and toolchain-source (thanks, Wolfgang B!) I have built a
mips package for kvirc. Is there a policy on using cross-compiled binaries
instead of native ones? I would like to upload my binary mips package if no
one objects to it.

If a cross-compiled package is not acceptable though, I am in a bit of a
bind. There's now a RC critical bug[1] on kvirc in Sarge since it won't build
with the latest Qt anymore, in addition to the fact that the current Sarge
version of kvirc still contains RFC documents in its .orig.tar.gz. All of
this is fixed by the version currently in t-p-u. Mips porters, please lend me
hand!

Thanks,
Robin