What's current status about Sarge release?

Hi,

I wonder why RM team didn't announce nothing about release progress.

Guys, could you tell us current status?
AFAIK release-update 2004.10 wasn't shipped, and of course Sarge wasn't
released yet...
I'm afraid everyone lost a motivation for release Sarge.

Is there any news about two major blockers, testing-security and
testing-proposed-updates? (Who/Where is responsible people?)

d-i RC2 is late, but its problem seems be solved nearly soon.
release-update 2004.09 says:
  N+16 days
  90 RC bugs
  d-i RC2
  Freeze time!
Oh, it's time to freeze all, isn't it? :-)

We're under soft base-freeze; Blocking changes of required/important
packages, kernel, and KDE 3.2. I believe this is a good way, but
repeated release late makes a frustration.
I know some people (includes me) are pending a big change for their
packages till Sarge release.

Someone may say 'We can't start N-day of release progress without
testing-proposed-updates, testing-security', but I couldn't find any
progress about these two blockers except JoeyH consists security-check
team.

Can't we progress release works side by side with t-p-u/t-s setup by
someone? I'm afraid many people will be absent during Christmas/New
year season.

Here is my [foolish?] idea,

now:          Last call for low-urgency uploads
now+1-16days: d-i RC2 [final] release
now+16days:   freeze all packages, t-p-u/t-s are done
now+30days:   fix/remove RC, release

Of course I don't want complain without any action by myself :-)
For improving release step, some friends and I are trying to
construct build environments.
We've already gotten alpha, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k, mipsel, ppc,
and sparc. Furthermore Gotom owns s390 VM account, Ishikawa trys to
get mips (Indy), and I bought StrongARM and am waiting to arrive.
[Although these machines access is restricted and only a few people
(but official Debian developpers) can use them.]
If RM team wants more build machines, we can help you.

Thanks,
- --
Kenshi Muto
kmuto@debian.org