Re: removal suggestion: stars

Hi,

* Tobias Stefan Richter (tsr@achos.com) [041022 12:50]:
> though stars is in the main section, it presently requires unpackaged
> data files (probably considered non-free) to work.
>
> See: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=276467
>
> You'll find a request to lower the priority of the bug report there,
> but I think the purpose of the RC severity is to inhibit the release
> of such policy violating packages, isn't it?
> It bug can be closed when the 'temporary situation' is over, of course.

some remarks from me on that issue:
- we don't enforce that data matches the DFSG for release of sarge
- stars (and derivants) have a longer history in resolving that issue.
  Though I'm unhappy that stars is now not directly usable, I think the
  general tendency is ok.

So, unless the maintainer asks for removal, I don't think that starts
qualifies for removal _now_. Of course, if the problem is not fixed
before release of sarge, we might still consider to do it.

Cheers,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/