Re: Circular dependencies are not a good idea

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 06:18:56PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 06:34:10PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > As long as non-fulfillable are treated as RC bugs the current Recommends
> > is enough since a missing abuse in sarge is then a reason for a RC bug
> > on abuse-lib also causing the removal of abuse-lib from sarge.
>
> As previously stated, unfulfillable Recommends are not RC for sarge:
>
>   http://release.debian.org/sarge_rc_policy.txt

Shrug.

Then Jeroen's suggestion with the circular dependencies might be
required despite all the practical problems they might cause...

> Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson@debian.org]

cu
Adrian

BTW: How do I correctly file such a Recommends bug then?
     It's a RC bug according to your policy and I'd add the
     sarge-ignore tag when filing, but Steve had explicitely stated that
     only the release managers are allowed to alter the sarge-ignore
     tag.
     File it as serious and a release manager will add the tag?

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed